Saturday, July 14, 2012

Solar Storm

 I do not know if anyone is aware or not, but there is a Solar Storm that should be visible for some this weekend.  I think it would be an excellent learning tool to study.

   For math you have how fast light is traveling to the earth, how far apart the planets are and how long it will take to reach Pluto (no longer considered a planet)?

   For history you can study when and how most of the planets (ones closer to us anyway) were founded?

   For science what is the make up of the atmosphere of the different planets.  How do we know that is what it is?  What causes the lights to look the way they do in the Northern Lights ?

Have fun watching and looking (hopefully you can see the lights)  I know I hope too with my kids.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment