Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Next Year

I don't know about the anyone else, but with the approach of Spring comes a new worry.
Now Wyoming does not require testing or anything else to check your teaching skills or to see what the kids have learned for the year,  but even so it is a constant worry this time of year.

I spend many a nights looking over catalogs and  websites trying to make sure that my kids are getting the best education available.  My son spends most of his nights in his room (as far from me as he can get) because he just hates this time of year.

I need to quit listening to the bad thoughts that I have not taught this, or that.  Quit comparing myself to what friends are teaching and how their kids are learning.

That is one of the hardest things I have found so far about homeschooling.  My worry that my kids are not learning enough as the days go on.  Before I know it my son will start high school next year and my daughter will start 4th grade.

Anyone else have the same worry?  That is the question of every homeschool Mom out there.  I believe the answer is YES we all have that same worry.  For some reason though we have a hard time asking for help, or admitting that we worry about it.

3 comments:

  1. Texas does not require any testing,or certain books, and only requires ,Reading,spelling,grammar,math,citizenship
    I how ever test Jacob,and give him more then Texas says we can give.
    We do not have to turn in anything at all and we dont have to report to schools that we homeschool

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to report to the school district, or at least send in what I expect to use for the year with each child.
    I just promised Jason I wouldn't change his curriculum for next year, but Jessica wants workbooks. I am thinking about trying a workbox system with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool. Here we dont report to the school. Texas is the most easiest State to Home School, but alot get away with out teaching at all which in my opinion is wrong :(

    ReplyDelete